This page has moved to https://github.com/GENI-NSF/geni-tools/wiki/MacOS
Omni Tools for Mac OS
For your convenience, we provide a pre-built binary containing the Omni tools. The Omni Tools package for Mac OS includes:
- These binaries have been tested with Mac OS 10.7-10.9.
- Double-click on omniTools-2.10-mac.dmg to unpack it. This will result in a drive called omniTools to be mounted on your computer. You should see this drive on your Desktop.
- Double-click on the omniTools drive to open it.
- Drag the omniTools-2.10 icon to the Applications icon.
- Open a terminal window.
- Run the script /Applications/omniTools-2.10/addAliases.command. This script will add aliases for the various omni tools in your ~/.bash_profile or ~/.bash_login or ~/.profile. (The script looks for these files in this order).
Test the installation:
- Open a new terminal window.
- In this terminal window, run the command:
omni --versionIf omni prints out its version number as below, you are all set!
omni: GENI Omni Command Line Aggregate Manager Tool Version 2.10 Copyright (c) 2015 Raytheon BBN Technologies
Follow the standard instructions for configuring omni.
- Drag the "omniTools-2.10" application from your Applications folder to Trash.
- Optional: Delete the aliases created during the install. These aliases are added to your ~/.bash_profile or ~/.bash_login or ~/.profile.
- Be sure to invoke the programs as omni and stitcher, not omni.py or stitcher.py, particularly if you still have an old version of omniTools installed.
- Known Mac specific issues should be listed on GitHub.