|| Omni is a GENI command line tool for reserving resources at GENI aggregate managers via the GENI AM API using user accounts issued by a GENI clearinghouse.
An aggregate manager is a software server that provides resources to clients based on the GENI aggregate manager API. A clearinghouse provides users with GENI accounts (credentials). The Omni client communicates with a user's clearinghouse to create slices, enumerate available GENI aggregates, and access user and slice credentials which Omni uses when reserving resources from the available aggregates.
The Omni client is distributed either as part of the GENI Control Framework (GCF) software package or alone as a Mac or Windows binaries.
The current version of Omni is 2.9. Look here for older versions.
To use Omni:
- Download the software in the appropriate form:
- Install the software
- Configure omni
- OmniOverview provides a complete list of instructions, commands, and options for using Omni.
- How to Specify Aggregates In Omni
- How to Specify RSpecs In Omni
- How to Leverage the CH API and Portal accounts in Omni
- Hello Omni is a simple introductory tutorial about using Omni. It will help you setup your environment and run a simple GENI experiment that will walk you through most of the Omni commands. This example does not include any OpenFlow aggregates, so if you want to also do a more advanced OpenFlow tutorial refer to the next set of tutorials.
- Omni workflow is a complete example and workflow for using Omni.
Help using Omni
If you find yourself in need of help, here are some resources for you:
- OmniTroubleShoot - solutions to common Omni problems
- Subscribe to the geni-users mailing list to share tips and get help. Archives of the list are available here: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/geni-users
Omni can be used as a library in custom Python scripts. Here are some simple examples that you can use as references to learn more about scripting with Omni:
- OmniScriptingWithOptions - An example script that uses Omni as a library and combines both Omni and its own command line arguments
- OmniScriptingExpiration - A minimal script using Omni as a library that gets slice expiration times for all of an experimenter's slices
- OmniUpdate from 1.6 - For instructions on updating to Omni V2.0+ from an earlier version, and the differences to expect
- Omni 2.7 Overview
- Omni 2.6 Overview
- Omni 2.5.3 Overview
- Omni 2.5 Overview
- Omni 2.4.1 Overview
- Omni 2.3.3 Overview
- Omni 2.3.1 Overview
- Omni 2.2.1 Overview
- Omni 2.2 Overview
- Omni 2.1 Overview
- Omni 2.0 Overview
- Omni 1.6.2 Overview
- Omni 1.6.1 Overview
- Omni 1.6 Overview
- Omni 1.5.2 Overview
- Omni 1.5.1 Overview
- Omni 1.5 Overview
- Omni 1.4 Overview
- Omni 1.3 Overview
- omni-pic.png (113.1 KB) - added by nriga 3 years ago.
- Omni-Workflow.jpg (22.7 KB) - added by nriga 3 years ago.
- omni_config.sample (38.7 KB) - added by tmitchel 18 months ago.
(61.2 KB) - added by ahelsing
5 months ago.
Patched v2.8+ omni-configure. Use this if omni-configure doesn't find your private key in your omni.bundle
(56.9 KB) - added by tmitchel
7 weeks ago.